I'm getting the hang of these double entendre-style titles, right?
Don't get too excited. I'm talking about conpliments. This isn't going to be a long post, but I'm going to teach you how to take a compliment.
Firstly, I'm going to tell you why.
- they will make you smile, maybe even feel good
- taking a compliment is actually easier than avoiding it
- if someone gave you a compliment, they generally did mean it and wanted you to appreciate it
- you aren't twelve years old. This shouldn't be awkward; people can be nice
- you are awesome and someone just recognised that
- you are absolutely 100% worthy of a compliment. If your brain tells you otherwise, it is lying to you. I, however, am not
So. There you are. Someone gave you a compliment. Oh my god!! WHAT DO YOU FRICKING DO NOW?! Here's what:
You say 'Thank you'.
That's it. Compliment accepted.